Envato Blogger Templates
Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
In this course you’ll learn all about the Jekyll static site generator and build a whole website from scratch in less than two hours. Join Guy Routledge as he walks through the process of building a design portfolio website using Jekyll, Markdown, Liquid templating, Sass, git and hosting with GitHub pages.
Whether you’re a seasoned blogger or just getting started, this course will give you everything you need to create your site and show off your skills in style.
What You’ll Learn
- Use Jekyll to create a web designer’s portfolio theme, featuring blog posts and various pages.
- Understand the Jekyll folder structure and how to plan each aspect of the website.
- Build the website from scratch, and finally deploy it to the web using git and GitHub pages.
About the Instructor
Guy Routledge is a consultant front-end developer specialising in front-end architecture and Sass-flavoured CSS. When not working on client projects, he teaches in person and online. Find out more on his website.